I Refused Gani Adams' Request To Visit Me - Obasanjo - THE DAILY CRUCIBLE

Breaking

Ads

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

I Refused Gani Adams' Request To Visit Me - Obasanjo

...Says OPC Leader's Past Ways Of Life Not In Accord With His Standards 

                                • Obasanjo

From Godwin Akomah, Lagos

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Tuesday disclosed that even though the past ways of life  of the Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland, Gani Adams, were not in sync with his, he still had no quarrel with him.

Obasanjo said further that there was also no basis for reconciliation at all  between the Oodua People's Congress(OPC) leader and himself since there has not been any quarrel, dismissing as false, the reports in some publications about an acclaimed reconciliation at the residence of Chief Ayo Adebanjo earlier today in Lekki, Lagos.

The elder statesman and Ebora Owu who spoke  through his Special Assistant on media, Kehinde Akinyemi, recalled that in the past, both in and out of government, he had had cause to keep declining Gani Adams' request and overtures to visit him (Obasanjo).

He said: "It is true that I paid a personal visit to Chief Ayo Adebanjo at his residence in Lekki Phase 1 on December 2, 2020 and I met Gani Adams there.  

"I have no quarrel with Gani Adams, but for his past way of life which was not in accord with my standards and principles.  I have in the past, both in government and out of government, refused to grant Gani’s request to visit me. 

"If at all anybody feels I have a quarrel with him or her that needs reconciliation, such reconciliation will, no doubt, take place in my residence in Abeokuta only."



No comments:

Post a Comment