Don't Refer To Me As Ooni's Wife Again or Queen of Ile - Ife, Olori Naomi Declares - THE DAILY CRUCIBLE

Breaking

Ads

Thursday, December 23, 2021

Don't Refer To Me As Ooni's Wife Again or Queen of Ile - Ife, Olori Naomi Declares

"I shall no longer be referred to as wife to the Ooni of Ife or as Queen of Ile-Ife "
- Ooni's Olori Queen Silekunola Naomi 

                           •Olori Naomi



The Daily Crucible | Thursday, December 23, 2021

 Ooni's Olori, Queen Silekunola Naomi Announces Divorce, New Beginning 


The Olori of Ooni Oba Enitan Ogunwusi and Queen of Ile - Ife, Olori Queen Silekunola Naomi has announced her marital separation from the revered yoruba traditional ruler, Oba Ogunwusi, claiming the monarch's public life is incongruous with his true self and part of the issues she had had to contend with while the marriage lasted.

"His Majesty has a picture he would love the world to see and perceive him as and another one which is his true self," Olori Naomi stated.

This is coming less than five years after 
Olori Wuraola Ogunwusi walked out of her marriage to the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi.

Earlier, the Ife Prince had married Adebukola Bombata in 2008, seven years before Enitan aacended the throne of his forebears but the mariage crashed soon after he became the Ooni of Ife.

Before it packed up, the marriage to Bombata was reportedly roughened and challenged  by her inability to give Ogunwusi a son and her frosty relationship with Princess Adeola, Ogunwusi’s daughter from early romance. 

The Daily Crucible learnt that Bombata was perceived as not in support of Ogunwusi’s decision to ascend the throne as that would inevitably put her on the spotlight always. Many said, she loves a quiet life and not surprisingly, after the prince became the Ooni in 2015, the couple walked in different directions, and Bombata left Nigeria for the United Kingdom

However, for Wuraola, the Edo State born princess, her marriage to the Ooni lasted 17 months.

She confirmed her separation from the monarch in August  2017 through a statement on her Instagram page and quickly  reverted to her maiden name, Queen Zaynab-Otiti Obanor even as she said there was absolutely no truth in purported report of infidelity and infertility published about her at the time. 

Wuraola also removed her personal belongings from the Ooni's palace and moved on.
                 •Ooni and Olori Wuraola

Wuraola statement then reads: “We have got to stop this culture of shaming and vilifying women with false stories of infidelity and nefarious behaviour. The spread of false information (through ‘sources’ afraid to be identified) is the mark of cowards and a cover up for guilty parties to justify their horrific actions. There is absolutely no truth to the media circulated lies of infidelity and infertility from my end.

“What I can confirm is that the Ooni and I are no more. I inhale love and exhale gratitude. My journey continues as humanitarian ambassador aiding women and victims of domestic violence and abuse with the United Nations. No matter how much time you’ve invested, no matter the use of media to silence and manipulate, no matter the circumstance, slander, embarrassment, threats and lies: Get out and seek immediate help.”

On the latest divorce matter that hits the monarch, Olori Queen Silekunola Naomi said the marriage was not an arranged one, as many had misconstrued, adding  that she has never been pregnant all her  life before Tadenikawo;  her son, who she declared, is the product of her first ever pregnancy with medical reports to back it up.

Olori Naomi's marriage to the Ooni of Ife packed - up after three years of turbulent marital life that was kept under a lid from the prying eyes and ears of the curious public but she decided to use their third marriage anniversary to announce to the world that it has broken down, perhaps irretrievably.

She stated : "I bless the Lord almighty for His faithfulness in the last 3years of my marriage. In life’s journey, it isn’t how far. Still, how well, indeed though satan should buffet if trials should come, I have this blessed assurance controlling all situations and saying to me it is well with my soul. Certainly, it is well. I made my journey into the ancient throne of Ife with faith in my heart and love for the keeper of it.

Few impressions I would love to correct. If anyone knows otherwise, they are free to come up with facts. Let it be known that this decision to move on did not come because his majesty is married to another queen. As many would love to assume, throughout our life as a couple, I was the only married wife to him. There were side attractions, but it was never an issue.

I never approached him with any revelation of any sort, as many believed he contacted me first and made his proposal known several months later.
   •Ooni and Olori Naomi

The marriage was not an arranged one, as many have misconstrued. I never knew the prophetess said to have introduced me to him. Instead, he introduced her to me after I agreed to marry him. I was only being polite out of respect for him.

I have never been pregnant all my life before Tadenikawo; my son is my first ever pregnancy with medical reports to back it up

The girl who is said to be my daughter is my niece

I did my best to endure and make it work; many times, I smiled through the struggle, but I have finally realised I had just one assignment, my son, and when God is done, He is done. He chose Saul to be king, and when He was done, He told the prophet Samuel I have moved on. Religion was never an issue between us; please refer to my interview on News Central TV. Instead, His Majesty has a picture he would love the world to see and perceive him as and another one which is his true self.

Today I announce the beginning of a new dawn and the close of a chapter. Today, I am a mother to God’s unique gift. I am no longer a slave to my thoughts of perfection. I, at this moment, announce that I shall no longer be referred to as wife to the Ooni of Ife or as Queen of Ile-Ife but as the Queen of the people and mother of my adorable Prince.to be cont.”

No comments:

Post a Comment